Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Grilled Summer Salad Recipe
This healthy summer salad serves 4, is easy to prepare, and incorporates plenty of seasonal produce.
3 Tbs olive oil + extra
2 Tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs grainy mustard
1 Tbs chopped chives
3 ears of corn
2 hearts of romaine lettuce cut lengthwise
1 cup grape tomatoes cut lengthwise
Optional: Pecorino Romano cheese
1. To prepare the dressing, in a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and chives. Whisk together until well combined. Set aside and allow flavors to develop.
2. Place corn with husk still attached into a bowl of water and allow to soak for an hour. Drain water and place corn with husk still attached directly onto the grill over medium heat and cook about 25-30 minutes until tender. If you prefer to boil corn you can do this instead, just make sure you remove the husk and silk before placing into boiling water. Which ever method you use, once the corn is cooked you will remove the husk if still attached and use a knife to cut off the kernels from the cob.
3. Mix together tomatoes and corn, divide equally onto four plates.
4. Drizzle shrimp and lettuce leaves with some olive oil and cook over medium heat. The shrimp will take about 2 minutes on each side. The lettuce will take about 2-3 minutes to become slightly charred and wilted. Once finished place a lettuce half on each plate. Divide shrimp between all four plates.
5. Drizzle each plate with dressing and top with optional Pecorino Romano cheese. Enjoy!